Old December 31st 10, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

Default OT ? ebooks, nooks, kindles et al

I have a Kindle from Amazon. I love it. Although you really can't share
books without giving her your Kindle. You can adjust the font size so that
you can read it -- whether you need 16 pt print or have super eyes that can
handle 8 point. I have read it while sitting poolside -- so the sunlight
doesn't bother it. I read at night before bed. It is not back lit - you do
need "room" light. Books run from 7.99 to around 9.99 for most titles.

They now come in small, medium and large sizes. Mine is about 6" x 10" and
I purchased a leather cover for it -- so it holds and feels like a book.
The cover also protects the screen.

My DS's girlfriend has a Nook from Barnes & Noble. She chose that one
particularly because she wanted to be able to put library books on it. I
can't do that with my Kindle.

http://news.cnet.com/kindle-vs-nook-...should-you-buy

You might find this helpful.

When I travel -- I used to cart 3 or 4 books with me. Now I just tuck my
Kindle in my purse and I'm good for weeks (or months... or years!)

Hope this helps.

--
Kate in MI

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
I used to have a sign in my office that said, in part, "We have studied the
question and have come up with questions at a higher level."
Me too.
I imagine I would like to have one of those. But there are so many
questions to consider. Such as, if I have a book on mine and want to
share it with my sister, can I?
Will my 'book' communicate with our public library? How in the Sam
Hill do you return a copy when the time's up?
I see that some of them come with ear pod somethings. Why would I need
them to read a book?
Just a personal problem, I expect, but I borrowed one from a friend, a
much older model ( the book, not the friend). I thought it was dim, slow
and heavy.
Are some models easier on old eyes? Are some easier for old brains?
Do you have one and have a ' I wish I could' list? Do you tolerate it
or love it? Polly