Old July 2nd 04, 04:28 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"the black rose" wrote in message
Hmm, I was looking at recumbent stationary bikes not too long ago, and I
didn't see any that didn't have a big pole with a screen in the front.
Possibly you could remove the pole -- you can on mine -- but in doing so
you'd remove the ability to adjust the tension on the flywheel. So I'm
not certain this is a workable idea. If you do manage it, let us know;
I'm curious.

At the gym in the Reno Hilton they have stationary bikes that are also slot
machines. You have to keep biking to play the slots, and keep playing the
slots to bike. The slot machine screen is right where the read-out screens
for the bikes at the gym are. I'll bet (pun intended) that someone has done
the same setup for a computer.

As for me, if the weather is halfway decent, I'm outside on my new recumbent
(moving) bike. But then, I'm spoiled: I live four blocks from a rail trail,
which connects to a 26 mile long paved river trail. Lots of safe, beautiful
biking there.

If the weather is bad (I'm a wuss!), I'm on my diamond frame which is on a
roller stand. I've tried using my PDA and my laptop while on the diamond
frame, and I've found I bike too hard and have too little coordination to do
it. (Think patting your head while rubbing your tummy.) I've settled for my
iPod and a magazine.
--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps