Old January 4th 10, 02:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

Default Log Cabin Quilt

I did 12 inch blocks -- 1 1/2" unfinished strips I believe. Lots and lots
of ways to lay out the blocks for a wide variety of patterns. You can see
the one I did in my webshots albums -- Kathy's Quilts (see link below).

If you do a Google Images search (or search webshots or any other album
website) for log-cabin-quilt ... you'll get lots and lots of pictures to
give you some ideas!

Just be prepared for lots of cutting and lots of sewing. One reminder --
always be sure to square up your blocks before putting them together. With
all those seams -- actually finishing with an actual 12 1/2 inch unfinished
block that is square was rare -- at least in my experience!

--
Kate in MI

"Kate T." wrote in message
I've never made this quilt and need some help.

I want to make a queen log cabin and don't know what size block to
make. I got a fella in mind that just built a log cabin and want to
give it to him.

any suggestions on block size and colors.

Any of you gentlemen quilters have any suggestions for me.

Kate T. South Mississippi