Old May 14th 08, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Séimí mac Liam

Default Eye Surgery question.

Michael wrote in
:

Séimí mac Liam wrote:
Have any of you had or do you know someone who has had cataract
surgery? Someone who does close work, preferably a faceter, who has
had a multi- focal interocular lens implant. I'm looking for
feedback to choose which lens before surgery scheduled for May 20th.
Any feed-back you can give will be most helpful.

I went into cataract surgery blind (pun intended) I did not even know
it was possible to have different lenses put in. I was given implants
that corrected my eyes to normal vision but I lost my able to see
close. I should say that I was very near sighted and did not have to
even wear visors to facet. I have adapted by using different strengths
of reading glasses and visors. Given the choice of normal vision and
using reading glasses I would go with the normal vision. The reading
glass thing gets old fast but the ability to see normally out ways the
inconvenience. I know that a member of Orchid ,Brian Adams from New
Zealand, was considering have close up lens implanted as part of his
cataract surgery. I don't know if this is what he did but is very open
about sharing information. I would try and email him.
http://www.adam.co.nz/index.html
michael

My choice is between the hinged Crystalens and the concentric ringed
Restore and reZoom lenses. The opthamologist's concern is reports of
muddy vision from the concentric ringed lenses. He, and I are attempting
to find a jeweler or facetor(or anyone who does very close up work) who
has had the concentrics implanted to see what their experience has been
as to muddiness of vision, ability to focus, clarity, etc.

--
Saint Séimí mac Liam
Carriagemaker to the court of Queen Maeve