Old January 24th 04, 08:57 AM
Patti

Thanks for posting this Candy.
Dear JJ and Ray
It's great to hear that you now have the hug to start the year and it
did, as others do, bring the magic of 'group warmth' to you both. This
is a special long-lasting feeling, too; so you'll both have it around
whenever you need a bit of extra encouragement.
Take care.

In article ,
Candy in Ohio writes
Hello all,
Joann asked if one of us could post her thank you for Ray's hug
quilt. She hasn't been able to post to the ng in quite some time. So below
is her email.
Candy in Ohio
*******************************

Well, ladies and Gent - Ray & I are both surprised & stunned by this truly
amazing gift, - we found it hard to take in that we had been honoured in
such a generous way. Ray immediately hoisted the quilt onto a wall which
was conveniently empty & had a rail. It was clipped on and is being admired
frequently and regularly & we've only had it a few hours. The colours &
quilting are stunning; the overall impression is of wonderful birds in
flight and it couldn't have pleased Ray more. Naturally, it brings a lump
to my throat to see how delighted he is and to think of all your kind
thoughts and beautiful work that went into it.

At an uncertain time of our life, with the future looking scary to say the
least, this is a tremendous boost to us both. Some of you may know that Ray
has visited quite a few quilt shows with me & shown an engineer's technical
interest as well as an admiring artistic one at such textile creations. The
quilt had only been here for a few minutes when a non-sewing friend called
unexpectedly. He grabbed her elbow & started to point out this part and
that, then turned it over to show the back. He was so proud of, & thankful
to you all.

With Judy assembling and Linda H. quilting your lovely individual creations,
it couldn't fail to be such a stunner!
This message will have to be forwarded as I can read the newsgroup but not
send at present due to cybernetic difficulties and recent hard drive
failure. I lost a lot of info. but have managed to resurrect bits and
pieces.
So THANK YOU ALL so much.
I hope to send a photo of the quilt to a website.

JJ & Ray J

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill