Old December 19th 03, 01:22 PM
Elena

Sounds like you are having a time! Good luck on finishing this. What is
the majority voting on the position of Mary and Joseph? I'm just curious.

Please take pictures too. We'd love to see this. It sounds so lovely.
Elena in Tx, recovering from switching computers.

"deMoMo" wrote in message
om...
Lessons learned from making a stained glass nativity wallhanging. (So
far)

1. Although there may be no theological necessity for having Joseph
on the left and Mary on the right (or vice versa), there are people
who feel VERY strongly on both sides.

2. Done may be better than perfect, but sometimes it's worth it to
slow down a little.

3. All metal parts of a Clover mini iron really ARE hot!
3a. After learning 3, get as much done as quickly as possible,
because soon you won't want to get any of it done.
3b. About an hour after learning 3, give thanks that you tested it
out with your non-dominant hand!

4. When snipping black threads from a black background fabric, be
sure to verify which one is which before cutting.

5. If you hold your rotary cutter perpindicular to your cutting
surface (instead of slanted), you get much better use out of your
blade, and you don't nick your rulers. (Who knew????)

6. My sewing machine will sew in a straight line without me
strongarming it!

7. I have a shop near me that will cut 1/8 yard cuts.

8. Shopping for the fabrics that you forgot on the first shopping
trip is more fun with a friend. (Thanks Dodie!!!)

9. Joann's 50% off coupons save you a lot of money on fusible bias
tape.

10. Dark blue fabric really does show through white fabric.

11. The only Christmas presents you start in December should be the
presents for Christmas of the following year. (What was I thinking?)

12. If you are using black background fabric, and are going to be
anywhere near a white cat, a lint roller is a good purchase.

Who knows what else I will learn by the time I'm done with this! But
it has been great fun so far. Of everything that I have made until
this point, this is by far the most rewarding. Well, except for the
blisters on two of my fingers on my left hand! I may have found a new
favorite type of quilt!

- Melinda.