Old March 18th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default Question about earrings and weight

Thing is, you don't want lead to be in contact with skin, etc. Even on
dangly earrings it could be dangerous. Look at brass weights, etc. instead.
Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Votary

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
NEW! http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Martha wrote:
Just thought of something - stained glass artists use lead foil type stuff.
Anybody know anything about that?Thanks.

Martha

"Dicon" wrote in message
news
"Martha" nospam @ nospam.com wrote in message

Hmm. So far I'm trying to figure out how to weight disc, or other flat
shapes, but I like the idea of lead. I'm not about to go out and buy a
whole box of ammo though and I don't know anybody who has a shotgun or
a BB gun.

I'll be there's some kind of lead solder that comes in sheet form though.
Does anybody know about this? Maybe I can ask at a plumbing supply store
or something. I was going to try and find flat brass discs, etc., but
lead would require smaller pieces and could be cut more easily. Thanks
for the tip!

Martha

Try a fishing supply shop for lead & non lead fishing weights.... maybe...

--
Jackdaw, collector of facts, trivia and bright twinkly things
my addy is