Old August 14th 09, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling[_3_]

Default Anyone hate working with specific colors?

Heather,

Hey, at least with your wedding, everyone matched. Mine is a bohemian/Cosmo type wedding. UUGH!
They are even going to have a hookah tent at the reception. UUGH!!

Redheads can wear red, they just have to be careful of the shades of red they choose. Go on gurl,
be daring!!

I ended up going "simplistic" as a method of design. It seemed the easiest way to get red into the
design and not look stupid. The problem is that different red products are also different shades
of red. I ordered CZ garnet briolettes and Swarovski light Siam because the Swarovski Siam and/or
garnet is just too dark.

They wanted necklaces and earrings, so for the bridesmaids I did sterling rolo chain choker length,
with two long tails ending in garnet CZ multi-faceted briolettes that hang down about 4 inches (one
longer than the other). Connecting the choker to the tails I used a light Siam 8mm swarovski round
crystal with two ornate bead caps. How simple can ya get? hehehe The red colors of the CZ and
the Swarovski's are just a bit different: the CZ briolettes are not as dark as you'd think garnet
would be - which helped but the 8mm swarovski linking the choker to the tails is far enough away
from the briolette that the shade difference didn't matter.

For the earrings, I used the same 8 mm Light Siam Swarovski crystal and the two ornate bead caps,
but added some dangly stuff to the bottom with light Siam satin bicones. Light Siam satin is a tad
darker than straight light Siam... but it all worked out.

Heck, the bride and the mother of the bride got some great jewelry - fun to design and create cause
I got to use some of my favorite colors. The bride's engagement ring is an Aquamarine, so I used
different kinds of aquamarine and pearls for her necklace and earrings. Mother of the bride got
peridot and colored pearls for her necklace and earrings cause she is wearing a black dress.

Maybe I'll post the pics after I am done...

Sterling

"Heather" wrote in message ...
I would have to say that I agree with you on red. But my reason is that I was born with red hair
and my mother told me NEVER, EVER to wear red, so I have a problem with it. And damn, I am over
(pick a number, grin). I love greens, teals and blues. I even like oranges and so on....but just
can't seem to deal with ruby red. It is not a friendly colour to me.

A friend is getting married (4th time) out of town and this one is even stranger. His *best man*
is his bride's sister. Because he met his bride thru her. Bride is wearing traditional white and
this is her first marriage. The bridesmaid is wearing ruby red and the *best (wo)man* is wearing a
ruby red pantsuit. I am cringing as I type this, lol. The women are blonde and Dutch......the
groom is African and definitely not blond, lol. As he said to me......"hey, this time I am going
to do it differently......maybe it will then work"

I would love to be there. He is a brilliant guy who not only speaks 5 languages, but teaches
computer skills at college in French. And I think the world of him. As does my husband.

By the way.....what did you pick that was red?? And maybe other lurkers have some funny or
bizarre stories to tell about weddings or anything else for that matter.

Cheers.....Heather