Old June 10th 11, 10:09 PM
TISLISDIVIOMY TISLISDIVIOMY is offline
Banned

Location: United States
Send a message via ICQ to TISLISDIVIOMY

Hello All,
I have seen some wonderful photos and a few videos of hand rolling steel mills in Sheffield and the Black Country.
I would like to ask some questions from those who worked in the mills or have knowledge of the specifics of rolling hot steel.
I am a blacksmith in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, USA and would like to learn about the sizes and pass reductions for a mill like the 14" cross country mill at Spencer Clark Metal Industries 003 Greasbrough Street, Rotherham

In specific:
What is the size of the flat on the corners of the square?
How much reduction can be taken from one pass to another?
Are there charts or equations or some such I can study?
How large of a section can be run through what size roll?

Any help would be appreciated.
Yours,
Ric Furrer