Old December 15th 13, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default Read it and shudder...

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 16:58:00 +0100, Ursula Schrader wrote:

Thank you for not stoning me. ;-) I wish there was something like a
wheel or so with 'pinked' edges that cuts out crackers. And pierces them
(as I have to pierce them all by hand as to prevent them from bubbling
up on the cookie sheet).

Piercing crackers and pastries and things are the only reason I actually
own a seafood fork. At least I think that is what it is. Looks like a
little trident, the prongs are notably farther apart than on a regular
fork, though it is smaller than a regular fork?
I found it in a box of silver plate in a thrift shop and thought it would
be good for poking things, (it is).

Well washed nails set into a bit of wood is a very good idea. I did the
same thing to make a wool comb. I highly recommend a bit of epoxy on the
nail heads to keep them from going wiggly. You do want the nails well
washed though, since at least here they often have a thin coat of some
oil you probably don't want to eat to keep them from rusting. Brushing
on a bit of edible oil will do the same trick, and keep the wood nice as
well.

NightMist
hoping the posting problem is resolved