Old January 4th 05, 03:34 AM
AliceW

Hi, everyone! Happy New Year! I am Alice from New Jersey, near Cherry
Hill. I have been quilting since 1995 and am totally hooked. I am married
to my "last" husband since 1990 and getting ready to take him on a really
nice cruise for our 15th anniversary this year. I just haven't told him yet
that it is a quilting cruise - hehehe.

I have four children - two mine, two his - all four are "ours". Mine are 32
and 34, his are 18 and 21. My son lives in Florida and has a room ready for
us anytime. My daughter, now living with us, just presented us with a
beautiful grandson who will have no face skin left after all our kisses.
His son just joined the Marines and is in advanced infantry training at Camp
Jejeune, NC. His daughter is almost finished her teaching degree in art and
just had her tonsils out today. All four could not be better children nor
could we love them more! I also take care of my 85 year old mom in Florida.
So we are what they call members of the "sandwich" generation - kids on one
end, parents on the other. Currently we have 4 dogs and 4 cats living with
us as well - half from us, half from my DD when she moved in with us.

I use a Pfaff Creative 7570 to quilt. I prefer the color choosing, cutting
and piecing. I have two great ladies that do beautiful machine quilting. I
would do more hand quilting if I were better at it. I work full time plus
have a web design/hosting business.

I hope to get more quilting done in 2005 now that my grandson is here. I
also need to find a more appropriate siggy quotation when I get the time.

Welcome to all the newbies!
--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

"frood" wrote in message
news : As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them.
But,
: while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very easily.
(ok,
: except for a few gabby folks.... ;-P ) So, as a start to a new year, I
: thought it would be fun to tell a bit about ourselves, and get to know
each
: other. I'm sure the newbies aren't the only one trying to keep the players
: straight without a score card!
:
: Ok, here goes! I'm Wendy, posting as "frood". I live in Central NC, USA.
I'm
: married to a fabulous man, and we have 5 kids, ranging from 13 to 4 yo
: twins, known online as Spike and Giles. I've been quilting for about 7 or
8
: years, mostly machine piecing and machine quilting. I love bright colors,
: and I collect vintage textiles.
:
: --
: Wendy