Old January 4th 05, 02:38 AM
ALZ

I'm Linda ... I have 2 grown daughters -- one newlywed and one in her
Junior year at Univ of Delaware and currently studying in Puebla,
Mexico. I began quilting about 15 years ago when my girls decided
they wanted to wear jeans and t-shirts instead of the beautiful
dresses Mom was making them.

I began collecting sewing machines about 10 years ago beginning with a
treadle. I just bought my 14th -- a Singer 301. My collection includes
several treadles now, including one that was used to make costumes for
Kate Smith, and a New Home with an original fashion book from the turn
of the century. Mostly, I sew on my Brother 1500, Bernina 1630, or
Brother 8200.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Out on Lawn Guyland's South Shore

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:42:11 GMT, "frood"
wrote:

As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them. But,
while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very easily. (ok,
except for a few gabby folks.... ;-P ) So, as a start to a new year, I
thought it would be fun to tell a bit about ourselves, and get to know each
other. I'm sure the newbies aren't the only one trying to keep the players
straight without a score card!

Ok, here goes! I'm Wendy, posting as "frood". I live in Central NC, USA. I'm
married to a fabulous man, and we have 5 kids, ranging from 13 to 4 yo
twins, known online as Spike and Giles. I've been quilting for about 7 or 8
years, mostly machine piecing and machine quilting. I love bright colors,
and I collect vintage textiles.