Old December 1st 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.misc
eachcornerpulling

Default Can anyone identify this tool?

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 13:48:10 +0000, (Fiddle de
Dee) wrote:

http://community.netidea.com/teekay/temp/ToolX.jpg

I looked and have no idea, but calling it "a tool" may
also be misleading. It looks as if it could have been
a lever for some larger apparatus too. Also was curious
about the scrap of leather attached to the wooden handle?

Thanks for the reply, anyway! I'm convinced it's a tool since it fits
in the hand nicely and the scrap of leather on one end has a small
hole that I imagine is for hanging on a nail or hook. The bit of
leather also hints that it is probably a leatherworking tool.

I should have mentioned that the metal part has "JUPP" and "CONDON"
stamped on one side (the maker and town?) and the number "7" (size?)
on the other.

Anyone else haver a go at this?