Old July 29th 05, 04:06 PM
Debra

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:34:33 GMT, the black rose
wrote:

I finished the binding on Thimbleberries Sunrise, but now I can't work
on anything else because I've got an extremely painful tendonitis in my
sort-of-dominant wrist. Can't cut fabric. Can't do any hand work.

Therefore, no progress, heat or not.

With quilting not an option, I've been riding my bike, something like
168 miles in the last 8 days. At least that can actually be pleasant in
the heat as long as you're not trying to climb steep hills and you carry
PLENTY of fluids on the bike.

That's a huge amount of bike riding. I couldn't have done that in the
heat. When my carpal tunnel or tennis elbow act up I resort to cross
stitch. I figured out how to stitch one handed with my non-dominant
hand and how to wedge the hoop with my leg and arm so I don't have to
actually hold it while stitching. As long as one hand works I can
stitch, but both hands hurting brings nearly everything to a halt..

Today the heat broke and the high was in the upper 70's -- I had gotten
so used to the heat, I was riding my bike wearing a windbreaker. And I
*needed* it. Seriously.

I'm wearing full length blue jeans instead of the capris and shorts.
Lovely rainy weather here today. Everyone is so happy about the rain
that most folks are outside. I've seen bike riders, walkers, and
runners this morning. All greeting the rain as if it were a long lost
friend.

Debra in VA