Old July 29th 05, 02:34 AM
the black rose

Debra wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:34:37 -0700, "maryd" wrote:

I hear ya on working in the heat. I'm a motel housekeeper. When I finished
today it was 96.

I was off today and I got some mowing done since it's cooler. I bet
tomorrow will be easy because it's supposed to be in the 70's.
Debra in VA

I finished the binding on Thimbleberries Sunrise, but now I can't work
on anything else because I've got an extremely painful tendonitis in my
sort-of-dominant wrist. Can't cut fabric. Can't do any hand work.

Therefore, no progress, heat or not.

With quilting not an option, I've been riding my bike, something like
168 miles in the last 8 days. At least that can actually be pleasant in
the heat as long as you're not trying to climb steep hills and you carry
PLENTY of fluids on the bike.

Today the heat broke and the high was in the upper 70's -- I had gotten
so used to the heat, I was riding my bike wearing a windbreaker. And I
*needed* it. Seriously.

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human