Old July 27th 05, 11:34 PM
maryd

I hear ya on working in the heat. I'm a motel housekeeper. When I finished
today it was 96.

--
Mary

"Debra" wrote in message
: I know I haven't been around much lately. I've been working in 100+
: (F) degree heat and I'm too wiped out to do much other than sit with
: the TV and fall asleep. I hope this heat wave ends soon. Today the
: heat index will be at least 104 outside, and the laundromat I work in
: will be even hotter due to the heat of the dryers and higher humidity.
: There are two swamp coolers, but they don't help much when it is this
: hot and humid. I have to spend 7 hours in it today and I do not know
: how I will make it without ending up in the hospital. I've barely
: survived 3 hours on two other days which left me with chest pain. If
: I'm lucky today there won't be many customers and I will only have to
: spend 4 or 5 hours in it, with a break after the first 2 hours. I
: think I can do that. Cross your fingers for me, and buy some stock in
: Gatorade 'cause I'll be drinking plenty of it today no matter how bad
: it tastes.
:
: My one day off during the heat wave I spent cutting and sewing the
: last of the Pebbles and Bam Bam blocks for my practice quilt on my new
: SM. They have all turned out nicely and the next time I get to sew I
: will be adding the lime green sashing.
: Debra in VA