Old July 27th 05, 09:16 PM
Debra

Default Progress in spite of heat

I know I haven't been around much lately. I've been working in 100+
(F) degree heat and I'm too wiped out to do much other than sit with
the TV and fall asleep. I hope this heat wave ends soon. Today the
heat index will be at least 104 outside, and the laundromat I work in
will be even hotter due to the heat of the dryers and higher humidity.
There are two swamp coolers, but they don't help much when it is this
hot and humid. I have to spend 7 hours in it today and I do not know
how I will make it without ending up in the hospital. I've barely
survived 3 hours on two other days which left me with chest pain. If
I'm lucky today there won't be many customers and I will only have to
spend 4 or 5 hours in it, with a break after the first 2 hours. I
think I can do that. Cross your fingers for me, and buy some stock in
Gatorade 'cause I'll be drinking plenty of it today no matter how bad
it tastes.

My one day off during the heat wave I spent cutting and sewing the
last of the Pebbles and Bam Bam blocks for my practice quilt on my new
SM. They have all turned out nicely and the next time I get to sew I
will be adding the lime green sashing.
Debra in VA