Old January 14th 04, 06:32 PM
Caryn

Interesting, LOCALLY, the schools don't pay for the field trips or for any
speaker brought into the schools. (I arrange both for a local elementary
school, so I am in a position to know first hand.) Field trips and speakers
are either funded by the parents directly, by the PTA/PTO or privately paid
for by a group or individual.

SO - are you absolutely sure that TAX dollars are used? I can't imagine
that a "fun" trip like that wouldn't have been cut.

Cheryl

Lord knows WE pay for our kids various field trips!

Our school district doesn't even use school buses for trips, but charter buses.

And they go to places like Farms with corn mazes in the fall. Not really
educational, but they will also go to things like the Nat'l Archives and the
Kennedy Center.

I know that on a trip to the Nat'l Aquarium in Baltimore, a small side trip to
Camden Yards was part of the agenda. Didn't really bother me, not that I give
a flying hoot about the Orioles.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)