Old January 14th 04, 04:40 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/14/04 8:40 AM, in article ,
"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote:

Roberta wrote:
I went to Lambeau as a kid many times...I grew up in GB...it was fun! But
then, football and athletics in general didn't seem to have as much
influence 25 years ago as they do now...I don't recall any swooning...

Well, things have changed. It's a religion. And it's disgusting. If you
don't watch the games on television, people think your nuts. There's a
LOT of social pressure. And yes, the kids swoon. They bring homes jars
of dirt from the field. Some of our acquaintances have complained. And
wouldn't you rather your tax dollars be spent to send children to a
museum or other place of learning?

Athletics needs to be put back in perspective. And no, I don't want my
State to be represented by the words "Cheeseheads". In fact, Wisconsin
Public Radio has had quite a bit of discussion on this issue, as has the
capital of Madison.

If the level of education, culture and refinement were higher, I could
look at it as a joke. It's not a joke. It's plain sad.

Dianne

Interesting, LOCALLY, the schools don't pay for the field trips or for any
speaker brought into the schools. (I arrange both for a local elementary
school, so I am in a position to know first hand.) Field trips and speakers
are either funded by the parents directly, by the PTA/PTO or privately paid
for by a group or individual.

SO - are you absolutely sure that TAX dollars are used? I can't imagine
that a "fun" trip like that wouldn't have been cut.

Cheryl