Old June 21st 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Peer &Tina Nielsen

Default Participation in the group.

skrev i en meddelelse
On Jun 21, 5:07 am, John Bassett wrote:
It's odd to call other posters bullies. We're just little words on a
pc screen, just emails. Only one glassworker I know has ever posted
to this group. I'm just another old turkey, doing glass by myself and
knowing only a few others who do it. Once in a great while I may have
an idea. Once in a while I feel like responding to a post - like
now. I have sometimes got useful information from other posters.
Would the group be better if we actually knew each other? Probably.
Would the group be better if we had more to say? Certainly. But it's
a connection to others doing what I do. I'm glad you're all out
there. I'm glad the group exists.

I would like to see more links to other folks' sites and more images
of work.

John Bassett

Just about everyone who posts here is a glassworker of some sort be it
cold, warm or hot glass. I think you've been around this group long
enough to know that participation comes and goes. Sometimes the group
is extremely active and other times it's sound to sleep. Anyway, post
a website if you have one. Here's mine:
http://www.neoglassic.com
http://www.earth2glass.weebly.com

Andy

you know you are right. But there is some truth in the string that i was
refering to. I have tried to be in the very capable hands of these bullies.
I have been making hot glass for 20 years and i have been following this
group for a few years. There is a lot of good questions here. Some are
interesting for me some are not. I do feel that i could contribute but why
bother when this group allready have some noble people who knows it all and
if i say the wrong thing they will all be on top of me
peer