Old April 16th 04, 04:59 AM
Mj

I just bought an HP 3970, which is also supposed to give good "3-D" scans.
I hate it. I can't get the preview to match what actually comes out in the
scans - not even close. The fiddling I have to do to get a half-way decent
scan works for one color/size/shape bead, but not the next so scanning
sessions take hours. I currently have 37 new bead colors/styles to scan and
I just can't get myself motivated enough to tackle it!!!

Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Mj

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Mj"
:

]I thought I'd solicit recommendations from anyone who absolutely
]LOVES your scanner.

well, i do love mine.
it's marketed as "for 3-D", and has always done a great job.
HP scanjet 3500c
1200 dpi/48-bit