Old November 8th 04, 04:19 PM
Ian Gearing

There is information on the DTI website regarding lead, and reading
discussions on other news groups I would advise against it, I use the foil
tops on yoghurt pots for my simulation of lead flashing in scales 1:76 1:43
and 1:12.

Ian
http://www.rdmrc.nildram.co.uk/

"Chuck" wrote in message
On 27 Oct 2004 15:18:25 -0700, (stephen
chester) wrote:

Hi, this is just a tester to see if a real 'aged' self adhesive lead
flashing product appeals to anybody. Here in the u.k it is hard to
find and l wonder if you also find it difficult to locate.
l have the means to manufacture it, please contact me and tell me if
you think the idea is a good.
If the response is positive l will be looking for distributors all
over the world. Many thanks

I would question seriously the business sense of putting lead
_anything_ on the market, in this litigious day and age, not to
mention the dubious wisdom of putting lead in an environment or
situation where there is even the slightest chance of it being
ingested by a youngster. We are, after all, talking about _doll_
houses. And whether or not a house is designed and built with
children in mind, there is always the chance that somewhere down the
line, some little nipper is going to be gobbling lead chips like they
were potato chips. Personally, I wouldn't buy it. There are,
however, casting metals out there that have a low melt temp and look a
lot like lead, w/o the toxic properties. They might be investigated
to fit this application.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com