Old August 1st 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Default Babies! Lots of Babies!

"The Other Kim" wrote in message
Murielle wrote:

Oops! This was supposed to be on the "anyone working on a project?"
thread.

Heh, wouldn't be the first time someone posted to the wrong thread g

Good on the baby blankets. I just finished a Baby Surprise jacket for
Liz's (Liz from ABSK) soon-to-arrive granddaughter. I'm also working on
another pair of socks (Wanida, from Cookie A's "Sock Innovation" book), a
Girasole shawl in fingering weight yarn, and sweater #7 for the National
Knit a Sweater a Month Dodecathon group on Ravelry. I also have my first
Girasole waiting to be blocked, and I have a couple sweaters that only
need to be seamed together, but as I hate seaming these may be waiting a
very long time...

The Other Kim
kimmeratsoylentgreenfielddotcom

Hi Kim!

Wow, you're so industrious! What is a Girasole? Knitting a sweater a
month! I can't even imagine that. What a sense of accomplishment you must
have as you see them all lined up. Do you pick your own patterns or do they
offer patterns--how does it work?

I'm like you, the seaming and the weaving of loose ends is my least favorite
part of knitting, though, I do love to see what I've been working on all
finished and pretty.

Did Liz go by a different name? My memory of the "old" ABSK days is
waining. I do pop in from time to time and if I have something to say I
post, otherwise I just lurk. Kind of like rcty. I think I'm getting old.
;-))

Murielle