Old July 29th 09, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Default Babies! Lots of Babies!

Well, only two.

So I turned to my old standby Mary Lamb Baby Book Vol. 30 (twenty cents!)
pattern 3006. I've done this pattern before a few times so I felt quite
confident with it and it's going well. I'm about two/thirds of the way
through the blanket in variegated wool: white, pale blue and pale green.

I've got my next project lined up as well: 3013. It looks the easiest of
two I thought would be quick knits. That one is in yellow because the
nursery is yellow. I'm hoping to adapt 3027 to this pattern--should be
simple, but these days I can never tell what's going to work for me and what
isn't--as it's more of tuque style.

Someday I'd like to be able to say I've knitted all the patterns in this
book. It's one of my favorites. I think it was one of my grandmother's.

That might be a goal for next year! I used to make baby blankets regularly
and so had some in stock whenever a new little person arrived, but I haven't
done that in years. Knitting sure is different for me these days.

I love reading about all the beautiful things you all are making. I don't
post a lot, but I lurk and always head straight for the new or finished
project threads.

Murielle