Old September 1st 03, 12:39 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 8/31/03 7:19 PM, in article ,
"CMM PDX2" wrote:

To everyone... )

Don't worry about laughing, I was laughing myself while writing the original
post. Not so much at my own humor - oh, ok, a little bit, all right, I
confess!
::snerk:: I *was* trying to be funny about it, and it's nice to know others
did
get a laugh. I tend to work frustration out with humor when I can.

It's just such a ridiculous situation; argh'ing in defeat over something
usually so simple! LOL. Anyway, I knew you guys would be sharing the funny
parts, *and* wincing at the PITA factor.

Cheryl, you got me *really* giggling with your comment:

Monica,
If you can cope with that yarn, you can do quantum physics!
Both just require being able to think in N-dimensions.
Trust me on this - I did do quantum physics once a upon a
time.
Cheryl

You mean even someone who has to surreptitiously resort to fingers for simple
addition at times, and who has *totally* forgotten everything she ever knew
about fractions? ::boggle:: Good grief; I coulda been a physicist! I coulda
got
gov't grants 'n stuff! I coulda screwed up even *more*!

Ghu help the scientific community. )

Well, you do need a certain aptitude for math.... But I found the rhythms of
untangling yarn a great way to let my mind wander the paths it needed to for
that sticky problem or concept. Lots of little "aha" moments.

Cheryl