Old February 8th 18, 07:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nyssa[_2_]

Default Thot I'd drop in and say 'h'!

Martha Beth Lewis wrote:

On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 2:04:55 PM UTC-6, Arliss
Link wrote:
Wow. I was just thinking about you a few days ago and
wondering what you?ve been up to. I know Kathy Dyer has
given up on needlework because she?s so busy (she gave me
all her Kreinik threads when she traveled to North Dakota
a number of years ago). She?s apparently the kind that
has to stay very busy, while I?m happy to sit back and
enjoy my retirement.

I?ve kind of lost my stitching mojo but hope to get it
back. I have too many WIP but might need to start
something new, just to get me going again.

Happy to see you back, MB

Arliss

I retired and left California. I have 187 pcs of
needlework to hang and have "lost walls" to an open floor
plan. (And I also have all of my mother's framed pieces
and pillows.)

A well-known nwk shop is about 15 minutes from my new
place, so I'm in no danger of being without supplies.
Hah! Especially since my mother gave me her ENTIRE stash
because she can't see well enough, anymore (she's 96); and
a friend gave me all of hers (including her UFOs - as tho
I need more of those!). I'm trying to organize my office,
which now doubles as a pattern-filing room. As with
anyone else, my fabric and thread and goodies stash is
distributed in...um...several places.

Right now I'm trying to finish a set of 5 Scots angels.
They were designed to be Chr ornaments, but I decided to
make them into a sampler so I could enjoy all of them year
'round. Naturally, I made them much more complex than
needed, including researching tartan patterns and
translating them to a much-smaller scale. That was a
challenge!

I'm not teaching at festivals - I'm not sure there even
ARE any, anymore! Not writing for magazines, either, but
I am contemplating starting that again.

~~

So, Kathy retired?

~~

Arliss, thank you for your welcoming words! Good to hear
from you again! mb

I believe that Celebrations in NH is still going on each
spring, but otherwise, I haven't heard of anything similar
to SOCS still active.

I haven't been doing much stitching lately and no designing,
although every once in awhile I feel the urge to complete
"The Gatherings" since I had only published Spring and
Fall back in the day.

Lots of stash, so that's not a problem. I've loaned out
a number of patterns (mostly ML-I) to a friend since she
got the stitching urge again.

More knitting, occasionally a sewing project, most most
of my time is taken up by reading. Love my Kindles! Once
the weather improves, I'll probably be out trying yet again
to outwit the deer and other critters who think my vegetable
garden is an all you can eat buffet.

Nyssa, who also needs to reinstall her design software on
a computer that can actually run it