Old August 19th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Default knitting smarter was Knitting speed ??

Aaron wrote:

I have no problems with anyone knitting as slowly as they want to.

But, I want to be a better knitter. I want to knit with less effort.

A by-product of knitting with less effort is knitting faster.

Speed is not the goal. Knitting with less effort is the goal.

That's the goal for you. You apparently equate "better" with increased
speed. I don't. I, too, want to be a "better" knitter, but with the
types of patterns I like to do faster would lead to worse results. I
prefer to challenge myself with complicated textures and lace patterns,
and in these cases increased speed would not be a good thing. My goal
is to produce the best results I can.

It really doesn't matter to me if someone can knock out 10 rows to my 1;
more power to them. My results are good, and that's what matters to me.

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom