Old September 4th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

Default Help/inspiration please

I ask for garden stuff for a reason, if doesn't last, it can go in the
compost pile!

On 9/3/09 10:04 PM, in article ,
"Sterling" wrote:

OMG! My sister does/did the same thing.

I have 4 other brothers and sisters, so buying xmas for all of them and their
families would be too
much a burden on all of us when we were first starting out - so we put all
names in a hat and drew
names. I don't know why, but my sister ALWAYS got my name. For 4 years, I
asked for Isotoner
gloves, and what did I get from her?

#1 - knitted Mittens
#2 - cheap imitation bulky gloves
#3 - knitted Mitten gloves (each finger was a different color, with a covering
that went over the
fingers to form mittens)
#4 - Cheap imitation bulky gloves that were so stiff, I couldn't make a fist

I finally got my isotoners from my hubby the year after.

My sister always bought people crap, from crap stores, for crap prices too.
She still might... but
after the 5th or 6th xmas where we (hubby and I) got nothing but crap from my
sister and hubby, I
said I wasn't doing it any longer and I was only buying for the kids!!

Are all sisters alike?

Sterling

"Heather" wrote in message

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 9/3/09 8:49 AM, in article
, "Dwyn"
wrote:

Your friend is very lucky indeed to have you for a friend! ;-)

Thank you...

Only certain friends get beaded or stitched gifts. The ones who appreciate
them.

I'll never give my sister anything beaded again. She'd be bitching about how
her work scissors would walk away - so I made a long beaded leash that would
clip to her desk drawer and the scissors. I think it is still sitting in her
bedroom because it was too nice for the office (she works at the transfer
station). It was plastic beads for a reason....

I was going to trade my sister for yours.....but I wouldn't do that to you.
Mine has more money
than Bill Gates, yet buys all of our Xmas gifts at thrift shops, dollar
stores and discount
outlets.........in other words, anywhere she can save a buck. It doesn't
matter to her that the
item is too small, too ugly, wrong colour or wrong style.....and I have no
clue why she is so
thoughtless.

Picture a slightly overweight woman with 3 chins trying on this gift......a
tight spandex
turtleneck in what could only be called sh*t brindle brown. Said woman tossed
it back to her and
told her to take it back......of course she couldn't cuz discount store sales
are final. LOL.

OTOH, she got mad at me when I went to the dollar store the next year and
bought all of her stuff
there and wrapped it in newspaper.....ROFL!! Yelled at me, in fact. Heh
heh......I loved it.
But she still didn't get the hint.

Sisters.......take mine please!!

HF (of course, I don't know the overweight woman..cough....but we all get a
good giggle out of
that Xmas)