Old August 27th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rose in CA

Default Summer weight quilt question

The summer quilts my Gram made we patchwork or applique top, flannel
sheet for middle and unbleached muslin for backing. Instead of quilting
them per se, she would use a decorative embroidery stitch (usually some
form of feather stitch) over the seam between each block. Comfy, cozy,
not too warm for upstate NY summers.

Rose in CA @}---------
Rosanne DOT Morgan AT sbcglobal DOT net
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, fact, or tact are transmission
errors. No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a
large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced......

desert quilter wrote:
Hi All,

I made a quilt that I'd hoped would work for summer--used a light, low-
loft batting. Unfortunately, here in the Mojave desert, the quilt is
still too heavy for summer. (Will work great for winter though.) So
I'm thinking of giving a summer weight quilt another shot. Instead of
using a batting, I'm considering using a sheet instead. Has anyone
tried this? I'd love to hear any other suggestions!

Thanks in advance!
Michelle in NV