Old August 26th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default Summer weight quilt question

There was a period of time here in England (probably elsewhere too?),
when so-called 'patchworks' were made. These were just tops and
backing. Obviously the quilting was just functional - to hold the two
layers together - and there wasn't a lot of it - not much point, as it
wouldn't be clearly seen. But these pieces of work were beautiful. I
saw a great many in the home of Lucy Bolton (she was an authoress and
quilter not that long ago, as it was her daughter who showed us round
the family home - say 60 years?)
..
In message . com,
desert quilter writes
Hi All,

I made a quilt that I'd hoped would work for summer--used a light, low-
loft batting. Unfortunately, here in the Mojave desert, the quilt is
still too heavy for summer. (Will work great for winter though.) So
I'm thinking of giving a summer weight quilt another shot. Instead of
using a batting, I'm considering using a sheet instead. Has anyone
tried this? I'd love to hear any other suggestions!

Thanks in advance!
Michelle in NV

--
Best Regards