Old August 19th 05, 05:27 PM
Quilterin

OK, that makes it clearer, Joanna must have had a typo. So it is 12
inches to the foot and 3 feet to the yard?

As I mostly mail order in the US I need the yard measurement. So I'll go
with the 2,5 yds and have enough to cover for any misscalculation I
might have done and a little something for my scraps :-)

Thank you,

Uschi

Marlys in Indiana schrieb:

12 inches in a foot and 36 inches in a yard.
I was trying to do the calculations to metric and I can't seem to clear
the brain fog. Hope this little bit helps.
Marlys in Indiana

"Quilterin" wrote in message
I worked out how many inches of fabric I need (78) and I know (from
checking my two sided tape measure) that I need about 2 meters of
fabric. How many yards should I order?

If I order 2,5 yds. I should be on the safe side. I only know that a
yard is a little bit less than a meter - about 92 cm? My dictionary only
gives inch in cm, etc. but not how many inch in a foot, or how many inch
in a yard. And I finally want to KNOW stuff like that and not just
'guestimate'.

Please help!

Uschi
who's kitchen magnet board has the measures for a stick of butter - as
given on this list - proudly displayed!