Old August 19th 05, 05:24 PM
Quilterin

THANK YOU! As I will mailorder, I'll go with the 2,5 yds. And I'll save
your reply in my "Quilt-File" so I can check back, should I forget the
measures again!

Uschi
(so a yard is 3 feet and 3 inches?)

Joanna schrieb:

A yard is 39 inches. A foot is 12 inches. When I buy fabric I always buy
to the next quarter meter. So you could go with 2.25 meters. But I tend
to use the half meter because I would always rather be safe than sorry.
Especially if it is some place I know I won't be able to return to shop
for a bit.
Joanna

Quilterin wrote:

I worked out how many inches of fabric I need (78) and I know (from
checking my two sided tape measure) that I need about 2 meters of
fabric. How many yards should I order?

If I order 2,5 yds. I should be on the safe side. I only know that a
yard is a little bit less than a meter - about 92 cm? My dictionary only
gives inch in cm, etc. but not how many inch in a foot, or how many inch
in a yard. And I finally want to KNOW stuff like that and not just
'guestimate'.

Please help!

Uschi
who's kitchen magnet board has the measures for a stick of butter - as
given on this list - proudly displayed!

--
Remove QUILT to reply