Old July 5th 03, 03:43 PM
Stelios Zacharias

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:35:33 +0100, "Eddie Daughton"
wrote:

Sounds great..wish i could be with you on the adventure......
Some tips.... Go S L O W L Y when the heat is rising....Make sure that
your pots are completely dry before firing (possibly put them around a small
fire (turning regularly)..... A bonfire is ok (folk used em for thousands of
years) just a bit tricky to get to work.... the secret is patience, if pots
blow up it's either they were wet, you went up too fast, or you didn't have
enuff "grog" (ground up fired clay, but can be sand, river gravel, hell even
shell works as long as you don't go too high...) in the clay (i usually use
about 25-30% for bonfire firing)..
Lots of Luck
Love
Eddie

Hmmm - grog... I remember that from school, but have made some
pieces with almost totally pure clay content straight from the
ground, soaked, seived and dried. I'll investigate sea shells or
sand or something for future use.

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers,
Stelios
--

The address in the headers is real and does not need de-mungeing