Old October 8th 04, 08:25 AM
Susie

Beth,
I guess I should have read on. )
It continues to say:
Referring to photo, place prepared tulle vase (Step 3) on quilted
background.
Joyce used wide (1/2" - 3/4") machine free-motion zigzag with olive green
thread to secure sides of vase. She used a (1") free-motion
zigzag to secure the base. The top opening the vase is left unstitched.
Bind with gold mottle fabric.
Here is a photo of the vase:
http://www.mccallsquilting.com/curiss/803_freshcut.htm
Let me know if you need anything else.
You are VERY welcome,
Susie

Thanks, Susie for the directions! Yes, that's the name of the wall
quilt--"Fresh Cut Flowers". I have the quilt layered and pin-basted,
and can see the outline on the leaves, tulips and stems but am having
trouble with my black and white photocopy of the magenta background,
the olive background and most of all, the tulle vase. Your directions
were great, but there isn't any quilting on the vase? How will it
stay on? Any ideas or does the magazine say?

You're soooooo helpful!