Old October 8th 04, 01:11 AM
Beth Pierce

Thanks, Susie for the directions! Yes, that's the name of the wall
quilt--"Fresh Cut Flowers". I have the quilt layered and pin-basted,
and can see the outline on the leaves, tulips and stems but am having
trouble with my black and white photocopy of the magenta background,
the olive background and most of all, the tulle vase. Your directions
were great, but there isn't any quilting on the vase? How will it
stay on? Any ideas or does the magazine say?

You're soooooo helpful!

.. "Susie" wrote in message ...
Beth,
I'm a fairly new quilter but I have that magazine. )
Is it called "Fresh Cut Flowers" and it is a finished size of 15" by 35"?
The Quilting and Finishing instructions say "Layer and baste quilt top for
quilting method of your choice. Joyce machine quilted using a wide (1/2" -
3/4" free-motion zigzag with green thread to secure the stems.
Using gold or green thread (to match fabric), Joyce covered each flower and
leaf with a free- motion design that roughly follows the template shape.
The fun of Joyce's quilting is that it is not precise. Lines cross, and no
lines are spaced evenly, adding a natural, dimensional feel to the piece.
Using thread to match magenta background, Joyce quilted an allover swirl
pattern. The olive green background was quilted with wavy lines parallel to
the seam with machine thread.
Beth.........I can try to scan whatever else you need or I can send you the
magazine or the portion of what you would like,
Susie

........but need to know how the project
is quilted.
Thanks for your help.