Old February 23rd 10, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ron Anderson

Default Hello, again

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:44:56 -0800, Steve B
wrote:

TYVM! I did have the manual, but not the parts chart. Upon first
inspection, I see I am missing one disc on the thread tensioner up top.
was able to get it timed today, and it is sewing 80% better. I think
with a
little tweaking, I can get the other 20%. It's like a Rubik's cube, not
too
difficult after the first time. BTW, my best time was 1:50 on the cube.

Ah, that'd do some strange things to the tension. I'm curious, though,
as to
what you're using for thread lubricant (or is it not necessary at slower
speeds?) I've never sewn on a machine with an on-board lubrication
system.

I would have to say that it is an issue I need to address. On inspection
of the manual, there are supposed to be several felt pads, and I must
identify where they are, if they are present, and oil if necessary. BTW,
thanks for reminding me that I have to pick up a bottle of oil while in
town today.

Steve

No need to use a thread lubricant for the work you are doing.
Usually only do if the machine is pushed to the outer limits of speed and
there are issues such as thread breakage due to needle heat etc.
Hope you got sewing machine oil.

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd Sand Lake, NY 12153