Old April 24th 04, 01:36 AM
Allaya Diep

LOL! Yes, this is true...a doc (not DD's usual pedi) told me that it might
be a soy allergy. I looked at her dumbfounded..."She's CHINESE," I said,
"If she's allergic to soy, she'll starve!" Just had to interject that
story. hehehehe (DD has no allergies, fortunately)

Allaya

"Ranee Mueller" wrote in message
In article ,
(Els van Dam) wrote:

It may be wise to be prudent with the unions while breast feeding, that

is
one of the things that will give our little grand baby colick. The

public
Health nurse named unions as one of the first things to eliminate from
your diet when breast feeding and having a colicky baby. The same nurse
also mentioned reflux happens in babies as well. she told Michelle that
if that was the problem it would disappear give it time.

With all due respect, this is one of those old wives tales. Onions
may cause problems, but so may anything else. It is usually better to
keep eating as normal unless you find that there is something that
causes a problem. I ate hot peppers, onions, garlic, cabbage,
everything you can think of while nursing all the boys (and now Amira)
and the only thing to ever cause any trouble for any of them was turkey
with Alexander for about 3 months. After 3 months, it didn't bother him
any more. I figured something about his system needed to mature.

I don't think that women in India, China or wherever simply stop
eating their national dishes because they are worried that onions or
whatever will harm their nursing babies.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24