Old July 6th 04, 04:59 AM
NE333RO

I have been spending hours for years answering random questions on science
and astronomy to readers all over the world. The only people I treat as you
have treated me are students who are obviously too lazy to write a paper and
expect me to do it for them. I usually refer them to the library because
that is the way children learn how to learn.

Or those who already know it all.

I am not a child learning how to learn. The internet is a fantastic
resource that nearly makes libraries and encyclopedias obsolete for an
educated adult.

The project you are attempting is not something that is learned from the
internet. Oh, that doesn't mean that it's totally impossible, it just means
that the time involved, the cost, and the frustration level, will probably put
a quick end to the project. Unfinished. It will also probably have us answering
innumerable questions, with you still not ending up with a desirable end
product. You don't have the basics needed.

If you are too lazy to answer my questions, don't bother with the lecture
and don't bother pleading for others to back you up.

There was some usable advice there. Take what you think you can use,
disregard the rest. You are making an awful lot of rules, for someone asking
for help.

I retired a millionare many times over at age 40. You may rest assured I
know my depth and how to swim.

The fact that you are attempting this with a soldering iron gives lie to
you knowing your depth. At least in this particular project. Not sure what the
millionare part has to do with anything.

There are literally billions of web sites that offer info on just about
anything on earth.

And none of it replaces hands on training, with someone standing behind
you, pointing out how to do things correctly/easier. This project in
particular, is an advanced project. Even without making the chalise. You will
have serious issues with the metal you are planning to work in, the
cleanliness, the solder, the flux, keeping things from falling off while
soldering on other things, finishing the final project, and about 20 or 30 more
issues.

All I asked for was some help finding something in this
field.

And he offered you some good advice, if a bit "short". Your lucky it wasn't
Abrasha. It may not have been what you wanted to hear, but that doesn't make it
bad advice.

I did not ask you anything and do not appreciate such answers.

Well, actually, you did ask him something. As far as appreciation goes,
I've seen little appreciation from you for any answers. Lots of attitude
though.

If
no such web site exists, I will buy books and persue other avenues but you
are no help at all and certainly no asset to this group.

Said with what, two weeks of experience?