Old September 17th 09, 12:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
William Black

Default Setting Stones to jewelry

Ganesh wrote:
Disadvantage:- the thin metal holdings eventually loosens often
letting the stone fall, or they break.

You're not doing it right.

Learn to do it properly and they don't fall out.

My mother's engagement ring is now 57 years old.

It has, so far, not needed tightening once.

I can recommend the short course in diamond setting run by the
University of Central England at the Central Jewellery School.

--
William Black

"Any number under six"

The answer given by Englishman Richard Peeke when asked by the Duke of
Medina Sidonia how many Spanish sword and buckler men he could beat
single handed with a quarterstaff.