Old January 27th 04, 02:36 AM
Kathryn

I asked Micheals to order a specific yarn for me (they sell the brand, but
not the color) because I'd love to support them AND I'd love to not pay the
$8 shipping and handling! When I asked the salesgirl if they could special
order a color for me she looked at me like I had just escaped from a mental
asylum! Having worked in customer service for over five years I couldn't
believe the reaction I got! She just said, "we don't do special orders."
Hmmm...

"spampot" wrote in message
I go into a local yarn store, touch and feel, take notes, then ask the
LYS owner to order anything I want that they don't have in stock. I
want this LYS to succeed, so I only go on line when they can't find what
I need.

Agres wrote:
I go into a local yarn store, touch and feel, take notes, then go

online.

Aaron

"Kathryn" wrote in message

I want to buy some yarn online but I was wondering how I'm supposed to

know

how soft the yarn is going to be. I have various skeins that say "100%
acrylic" but feel totally different...Which description can give me a

clue
as to how soft the yarn is going to be?

Thanks!

Kathryn