Old December 1st 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default Automatic needle threader

On 11/19/08 4:29 PM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 11/19/08 3:33 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

On Nov 19, 7:38*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 11/19/08 6:11 AM, in article ,

"lucretia borgia" wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:34:12 -0800 (PST),
opined:

Okay, framing isn't something I know much about, but wish I did. What
does the point gun do for you?

Louisa

It's a stapler; you put it flat on the backing in the frame and it
will shoot glazier points (usually diamond shaped) into the frame,
thus holding your work and the backing secure in the frame.

When I do framing at home I use other methods, but if you have a point
gun, the job is much easier, I figured I would never use it enough to
justify buying it or giving it house room.

Amen to the last part. I found out how to use one - would take one if given
to me - wouldn't buy it.

I've always just used the little brad nails. How do the two differ?
I'm sorry if I'm simply asking you to repeat yourself, but I really
would like to know more about framing so that I can do it better
myself.

Louisa

Think of it as a stapler that shoots little flat pieces of metal into the
frame parallel to the picture.

Actually there's a tool for doing the same with little brads, instead of
points. I personally like the brads better, as it's easier to pull them if
you need to remove the piece. Called a frame fitting tool. Worthy if you
do a lot of framing. This is from the online catalog for Yarn Tree (who
used to sell only wholesale, but I guess now is selling directly).

http://tinyurl.com/5ozg8x

ellice