Old July 23rd 03, 09:48 PM
Christina Peterson

Are the crystals you have that chip easily also Swarovski?

You know, one caution about tumbling that I didn't think of before, pertains
to ABs. The finishes applied to crystals are just a thin coating. I think
those would be easily damaged by tumbling.

Tina

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Christina Peterson"
:

]My only question is whether a rotory tumbler would be any harder
]on it than a vibrating tumbler was.

ah - okay, in one of the other groups where they were discussing
tumblers, they said that "vibrating tumblers work for polishing, but
not for work-hardening".

personally, i would probably put crystal in a vibrating tumbler, but
probably not chance it in a rotary.

lead would make the crystal harder, but i thought that also made it
brittle. and admittedly, i'm thinking of the crystal i have [ovals
and snowflakes] that chip VERY easily, just trying to wire wrap them!

@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
The Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law.
Regime Change in 2004 - The life you save may be your own.