Old August 26th 04, 08:37 AM
Kalera Stratton

Default Czech machine-cut crystals

I got my Czech crystals today! OK, so I have to say... if the Swarovski
people aren't wetting themselves yet, they should be. Although the
cutting isn't *quite* as fine or precise, (there is ever so slightly
more room around the holes, and there are a few more rejects than I
normally see in a Swarovski order (which I suspect is partly because of
careful culling on Letrinka's part... thank you, Letrinka!) THESE ARE
DAMN GOOD. They have the sparkle and the prettiness, at half the price.
I realize that I am basically repeating what Kathy N-V said, but it
bears repeating... Swarovski needs to watch their behind! These are
nothing like the rather flat, dull Chinese crystals I ghave seen.

My thoughts on these: they don't come in as many colors as the S. does.
I didn't order any ABs, so I can't address the quality there. I have
spotted a few in my order that are included or pitted, and will need to
be discarded. However, overall, not only am I sure that the unwary might
be taken in if these were subsituted for Swarovskis, I am now *positive*
that I have myself been taken in! My lesson learned: only order from
known, reputable dealers in Austrian crystal.

In summary, I think I like 'em. I'm only using them to space my bead
sets, though, so I may not be the pickiest customer in town! I have a
LOT of Swarovskis left, so it may be a couple of weeks before I am using
the Czech consistently, but I will make note in my listings whether I
use Czech or Austrian crystals, just as an FYI, so that buyers know what
they're getting and can re-label them accordingly if they use them in a
finished piece.

Delivery from Czechbeads was, BTW, insanely fast.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com