Old December 17th 03, 03:24 AM
dawn

This is not a direct answer to your question but it did remind me of
something I wanted to share. I make "banners" for the fronts of the bases
that my figures are mounted on. I use Kato clay for my whites because it
doesn't discolor as much as Premo white. I make the banners by transfering
the lettering to the clay. I use an iron to do the transfer and then put it
in the oven to finish. When I used Kato it was very difficult to get a good
"black transfer". The lettering generally came out blue instead and it took
a few minutes to get the tranfer to take. I tried it with Premo just for
kicks and in seconds instead of minutes I had a nice "black" transfer. The
Premo took the transfer much faster and the coloring stayed true. It seems
that different clays react differently to the transfer process
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/caketoppers.html
"Elizabeth M. Phillips" wrote in message
I tried not very successfully to transfer a picture to clay. I did visit
Glass Attic. I had a book, too, but just couldn't get it to be clear and
really transfer. Even left the pic on the clay in the oven, but it just
didn't work.

I had bought some lazer tran and the other similar paper, but could not
find them sniff, sniff and so had to use regular paper. The pics had
been copied at Office Depot in color.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.