Old December 21st 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default what batt for fluffy quilt?

No, you're not asking too much. Right after Hurricane Katrina, we were
hunting for that sort of batting because the babies didn't need warm covers
as much as they needed a soft place to simply 'be'. The nicest affordable
high loft we found was Cloud-Loft by Hobbs. It is 5/8" thick and quite
durable. I'm told the Hawaiian quilters love it because it certainly would
make quilting very visible - not something I'm likely to undertake in this
lifetime. If you don't have an LQS, Batt-Mart manages to supply nearly
every reasonably priced batting.
Do remember to set your SM stitches per inch down shorter when piecing -
it sounds like your quilt is going to need to be sturdy. Polly

"Lobo" wrote in message
Criminey! it's disgusting the stuff that appears when I search on "quilt
batt tied"! I should've just posted here to begin with.

I'm making a quilt that's going to get washed, slept on by cats & dogs,
taken to football games, etc., so I am planning to tie it. The giftee
also likes high loft. What's the fluffiest, least likely to bunch or
travel, will stand up to washing and need minimum ties? Not asking much,
am I? ; )

TIA and Happy Holidays! Lobo
Delete the obvious to reply to me personally.