Old October 12th 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda [email protected]

Default Hoods with fluffy yarn

Linda wrote in message
news
Good Afternoon...

Last week Mom and I were in Michael's and I saw a yarn that really
took my eye. Unfortunately, I didn't think to write down the name of
the yarn, but it was fluffy like Funny, but softer, and it had slubs
through it as well. I thought it would be great to knit up as a
Hood/cowl like this one:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/...html?noImages=

Do you think I would cast on the same number of stitches as it shows
for the Lion Brand version? Somehow I remember one of the yarn shop
owners saying she knit one of the out of Funny and cast on 90 sts,
then just kept knitting round and round until she had the length she
liked. Sound good?

take care, Linda in B.C., Canada

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 03:31:59 GMT, "ejk" wrote:
Hi Linda,

I made the old pattern a couple of years ago with a soft slubby yarn. I just
checked the pattern for the recommended gauge and substituted something
appropriate. As Cozy said, it tends to slip back from one's face a bit but
it's wonderful around the neck! Also, in very cold weather, I've found it
tucks nicely under a hooded jacket and keeps me toasty warm.

There is another pattern in a twisted rib which might stay in position a bit
better: http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTaibhlinn.html

Eimear

Hi Eimear,

Thanks for the link. I'm going to have to sneak out to Michael's and
buy the yarn, then I'll work from there. It's gorgeous yarn, so I
will have to post what it is. It took my eye the moment I saw it.

thanks...Linda