Old June 15th 07, 11:42 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bruce

Default Home again.

Olwyn Mary wrote:
wrote:
Dear Olwyn Mary,

I empathize with you and hope you will feel better soon. I've had a
violent cough since March, and my doctor has yet to be able to
pinpoint the cause. I'm glad you have been diagnosed, and hope you
make a swift recovery.

Who are your favorite authors? Do you keep a list of best sellers? I
read about ten books a week, and I'm out of space; would like to pass
on some of them. Let me know.

Teri

Dear Teri: I'm sorry you are having it too, it is not nice. Actually,
an R.N. in the hospital gave me a long lecture about being a
"functioning invalid" and not getting help a lot sooner.
About the books, that is very kind of you, but I think the postage would
be outrageous. I have one friend who "haunts" the second-hand paperback
stores, and keeps me supplied. (I do her mending for her in return.)
You might want to try this with your books, around here they generally
pay you one-quarter of the new price for books you turn in, and you pay
them one-half of the retail price when you buy one, so you end up
getting lots of books for one-quarter the price. Sorry if this is
incoherent, I am downstairs for the first time, and still pretty shaky.

Olwyn Mary.

Take it easy Olwyn Mary - go for the marathon not the sprint!
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney