Old March 10th 09, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default Selecting a Quilting Design

Good question -wish I knew the answer!
IMO a pieced design is often angular-looking and responds well to a
bit of florid quilting. Feathers! Gotta love 'em! Samplers I sometimes
do with a uniform wreath in the center of each block, to pull them
together. Very scrappy quilts might ask for a random all-over design,
like spirals or paisleys. Other times the quilt seems to want
everything outlined. Who can tell, they are all different!
Roberta in D

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:08:24 -0400, "Pat in Virginia"
wrote:

Okay, you've pieced or appliquéd a delightful quilt top. You are pleased and
justifiably proud of it. You want to quilt it (or have it quilted) to
enhance the style and design of the top. How do you decide what to do? Can
you suggest a book that will help train and educate a quilter on this topic?
Do you just give up and do all your quilts the same way?

I really have trouble with this aspect of quilt making. So, I look forward
to reading your opinions, advice, and recommendations. Thanks bunches.

Pat in Virginia