Old May 25th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Default Lion Incredible ribbon yarn for sweater?

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:

Hiya! I didn't realize that you knit as well.

It gets a tad chilly here in the winter when I turn the thermostat down
low at night and am working, sitting still with my underactive thyroid
that acts like a deep freeze, so I am looking for something that will be
reasonably warm.

Sure I knit, and embroider, and crochet. I'm from "over there" where
girls were taught these things at a young age. At the age of six (first
grade)I remember sitting in class - church school - doing a running
stitch round three sides of a rectangle of tulle to make lavendar bags
for the church bazaar. The following year I knit a scarf in school
colors. So, I can help you with all of those things, just as you helped
me with my computer.

If you start with chunky yarn and fat needles it will go fast.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.