Old June 25th 04, 06:07 PM
DianeGlassAttic

I was planning on painting it anyway. Is it salvageable? Is it going to be
more fragile now?

There are various ways to "salvage" toasted (or totally toasted) polymer
items... check this page for details on those:
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/baking.htm
(click on "Darkening, Scorching, Burning" then scroll down to "some remedies
..... for burned items")

So far no one has mentioned the clay being more fragile after burning, so I'm
*asssuming* that it isn't.

....should I bake it longer at a lower temp? ...

If you mean next time, I'd say definitely g. If you mean re-baking it after
it's already burned, I don't think there would be any advantage I know of for
that unless you added liquid clay or something else that would need a brief
rebaking.

HTH,

Diane B.
http://www.glassattic.com ...... polymer clay "encyclopedia"

..........(for sending e-mail, DO NOT USE this AOL address or I may never see
it! --use this address instead: )................

..